The ISO 45001 Technical Committee TC 283 is meeting in Kigali, Rwanda the week of October 6-12, 2019. The meeting will start with a plenary of all attendees to update national members on TC 283 developments. Task Groups (TG) and Work Groups (WG) will meet independently to work out the contents of several new work items that in are in progress including:
- TG1 – Communications
- TG3 – Revision of the High Level Structure (Annex L Appendix 2 & 3)
- WG2 – Psychological Health and Safety at the Workplace
- WG3 – Implementation Handbook
The TG3 discussions on revision of the ISO High Level Structure will focus on issues that have been encountered by users of ISO 45001 with respect to:
- The definition of risk as it applies to an OHSMS
- The relationship between risk and opportunity and the traditional OH&S discipline specific terminology ‘Hazards and Risks’
- Outsourced processes and how these to the OH&s discipline.
Comments are welcome here on opinions of changes to the HLS that will benefit the discipline specific ISO 45001.